The husband is in pain because of a dentist appointment yesterday. He wanted food that he’d actually be able to eat and requested Velveeta Mac and Cheese and country fried venison steak.
Otherwise...The play by play without pictures because I’m not a good blogger. Clearly.
- Cut up the 2 lbs of leftover Velveeta that you have in your fridge.
- Measure 3 3/4 cups of dry macaroni instead of four. Cook according to package directions or until macaroni sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Get butter out of fridge. Curse because you don't have 6 tablespoons.
- Wonder if Country Crock is the same as margarine and use it anyway.
- Melt CC and add 1/2 cup of flour to make a roux
- Add 2 cups milk and "stir continuously" after you reread the recipe and realize your mistake.
- Get black pepper and dump about 1/4 cup in, scream, curse, and then scrape out as much pepper as you can.
- Add Velveeta and stir until it melts. Add macaroni. put in two dishes (one to freeze for an awesome dinner later).
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
(I topped the one that we ate tonight with lots of Ritz crackers and put the other one unbaked and labeled in the freezer. It’s going to be super good with ham steak later in the winter. It’s just as easy to make two as it is one!!)
The husband made an awesome country fried steak. It was like magic.
We debated making green beans for healthfulness and decided against it. The pepper debacle actually turned out great!
Plate it up, add Frank's red hot, and demolish!
Post Script: I'm voting no more Velveeta after this mac and cheese is gone until the Superbowl. I'm just sayin...